Campaign: ‘Win Free Shoes For A Year – Only With Gluv!’
Gluv shoes, the High Street fashion favourite now available to buy online for the first time, offer all-year-round style and comfort for women who want to look and feel good. To celebrate the launch off the new shopping website, www.gluvfootwear.co.uk, Gluv teamed up with numerous newspapers across the UK to offer lucky readers the chance to win free shoes for a whole year in an exclusive readers’ competition.
- Promote the new online shopping service to as wide an audience as possible
- Drive customers to the site through the use of reader competitions
- Increase brand awareness across various regions via print media
- Publicise the new Spring / Summer range to women of all ages
A media list was compiled to cover all national and regional newspapers along with local newspapers for selected locations. Research was conducted to investigate minimum prize values, slot allocation, available print dates, word count, and image specifications for each publication. Copy was written and images sourced. The promotion was sold into six newspapers at once, with the whole two-month long process repeated several times over the course of one year.
Once secured, all info was emailed to the contact at the newspaper who responded with a proof to check and approve
Once the newspaper had selected the winners, the details were sent to to Different PR, who then sent each winner a letter congratulating them and instructing them on how to claim their prize
The competitions featured in many publications, including:
- WalesDaily Post
- Derbyshire Times
- YorkshirePost Life & Style Magazine
- NewcastleEvening Chronicle